Sunday, June 16, 2013

God Gave Me a Dear Earthly Father

Today is Father's Day! I am so blessed to have such a kind and loving father! The primary kids sang a song in Sacrament Meeting today called "My Daddy Reminds Me." It goes:

"I lived with my Heavenly Father before I was sent to the earth, but I do not remember the sound of His voice, for that was forgotten at birth, but daddy when your arm's around me I feel so safe in your love. God gave me a dear earthy father, so I could remember His love."

"I lived with my Heavenly Father before I was sent to the earth, but I do not remember the look in His eyes, for that was forgotten at birth, but daddy when I look in your eyes I seem to recall how it was. God gave me a dear earthly father, so I would remember His love."

I love this song! It's so special! I'm so thankful for my Heavenly Father and His love for me! I'm so grateful that He was willing to send His son, Jesus Christ, to atone for my sins so that I may return to live with Him someday.  I'm forever thankful for my earthly father who has supported me and helped me grow into the person I am today.  He has taught me so much and has always reminded me of his love.  It's true...God gave ME a dear earthly father so I could remember HIS love.

I'm so excited to go share that love with the people of Argentina in just under 3 months! Can't wait!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment