Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Oklahoma?

Recently I had the opportunity to spend 11 days with my best friend, Corbin, and her family in Oklahoma before we both leave on our missions in September.  She is going to the Peru Lima North Mission! Anyway, while we were there Corbin and I had the chance to go to the Oklahoma City Temple.  I did a session while Corbin did baptisms.  It was only my third time doing a session so it was really intimidating and I didn't really know what I was doing, but one of the temple workers was there to help me.  I got to go through for a sister with my mom's maiden name.  It was such a special experience that I will never forget! The spirit was so strong!

While I was in Oklahoma we also had the missionaries over for dinner.  It was so exciting! We ate a delicious dinner and then the Elders left a short message with us.  They read Moroni 8:25-26 which says,

"25. And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth remission of sins;"
"26. And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God."

They then shared their testimonies of how important it is for them, as missionaries to have that hope and a perfect love like the Savior's, and they encouraged us to look for our own missionary experiences. It was really sweet.  I can't wait to be a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment