Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The White Envelope


Wednesday April 17, 2013

Exactly two weeks from the day my papers were submitted, I got a text from my mom saying that my mission call had arrived.  The plan was to open it at 8:30 that night. Well, there goes my day.  I tried focusing in class and failed completely and absolutely.  It was finally time for dad to pick me up from my apartment and take me home.  At 7:00 that night a good friend and fellow ward member, Trent Blackman, opened his misison call and I got to be there.  He opened his call and read the familiar words, "Dear Elder Blackman..."  Trent got called to Budapest Hungary! He left just six short weeks later.  He was so excited, but I could tell his head was spinning.

I walked home and tried to mentally prepare myself for what was about to happen.  When I walked in the front door to my house, I saw it. There it was. The big white envelope sitting so casually on the family room mantle.  I only looked at it for a few seconds before retreating to my room and praying harder than I ever had in my life.  I prayed to know that Heavenly Father was sending me where he wanted me to be, and that I would be happy with wherever that was.

I didn't want a huge crowd when I opened my call, so it was just my immediate family, my roommates, and three of my good guy friends.  8:30 finally rolled around.  It was time...

No comments:

Post a Comment