Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Long Wait

Emily's wedding was less than a month away.  Finals week at BYU was coming up faster than I could prepare for.  I was getting ready to say goodbye to lots of my friends for two years.  I had to get ready to move out of my apartment.  And I was preparing myself to go through the temple to receive my endowments.  And yet, I could only think about one thing. My mission call.  It had been assigned.  My fate had been decided.  It was weird knowing that in 5 months I could be almost anywhere in the world.  And I had no clue where that anywhere would be.  All I could do was wait. And wait. And wait some more.  People kept asking me where I wanted to go, as if that's what is most important.  I always said Spanish speaking, but beyond that I never had an answer.  I wasn't overly concerned about the "where" of my mission.  It was the GOING part that I was excited about.  Although I have to admit that secretly, if I had been forced to choose, I would have said Chile or Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment