Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Mission Blog!!



Hey everybody! Welcome to my mission blog! I've decided to begin my mission blog a little early so that I can share some of the experiences and feelings that I've had since President Monson shocked members of the Church all over the world with his announcement of the change in the mission ages for young men and young women.

I guess I'll start off with a little background of myself.  My name is Amy.  I was born in California in a small town just outside of Los Angeles called Pasadena, but I grew up in Happy Valley Utah.  I am the second of four children.  My parents are wonderful people.  They raised my siblings and me in the Church and have set great examples of how to live our lives in accordance with the gospel and its teachings.  I recently finished my freshman year at Brigham Young University where I am planning to pursue a degree in Exercise Science.

I have always had a desire to serve a mission and follow in the footsteps of my mother and grandmother.  My mom served in the Hong Kong Mission, and my Grandma Springer served in what was then the California Nevada Arizona Mission.  There are so many other people who have set wonderful examples for me by serving missions including uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, and neighbors.  But perhaps the one that stands out most in that group of "others" is one of my biggest heroes.  My dad.  He served an honorable full-time mission in the Wellington New Zealand Mission.

As I'm preparing to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I can't even begin to describe the excitement that I feel.  Despite my own inadequacies, I trust President Monson when he says, "Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies."

No comments:

Post a Comment