Monday, October 27, 2014

...transfers...CHAN! oh...and Halloween. Weird...I was in Argentina for that last year too.

Querida Family,

So...Happy Halloween this week! I'm glad to hear you're all doing well. Today is another holiday in Argentina...but this time it's only for the province...every day is a holiday in Argentina. Bless their crazy hearts. Luckily the ciber is still open or we would be writing later today. Apparently though at 3:00PM a member is coming to teach us self-defense. Cool? We'll see...I'm sure I'll have some good stories for next week though.

This week was...normal. Haha. We had 4 lessons with member. That almost never happens here. The rotary is generally "too far away" for the members especially if they don't have cars...I'll be completely honest when I say I don't have much sympathy when they give me that excuse. Oh...yesterday the branch president sent me a text asking if I could give a talk in sacrament meeting about the importance of taking the sacrament. I guess someone canceled on him last minute...so I prepared an 8 minute talk in about 20 minutes....it went really well. God loves his missionaries...I never would have been able to do that before the mission...even less in a foreign language!

We had zone conference this week. It was really good. I always learn a lot from my zone leaders. I have two really good ones:) We ate lunch outside... my idea! I think it's called shepherd's pie in english...you know that thing with mashed potatoes and meat and hard-boiled eggs and cheese? pastel de papas se llama en espaƱol. I don't know maybe it doesn't exist in the states...don't really remember...I don't remember anything we eat at home besides french toast and peanut butter.

Yesterday we went to the hospital to visit the friend of a member. I really don't like argentine hospitals...probably not normal ones either...but I get a weird feeling inside when I'm there...luckily this hospital wasn't nearlly as sketchy as the one in Rawson where Elder Verges was. Still, I was very happy to be leaving!

I'm leaving from Caleta this transfer...I think. My guess is Comodoro...we'll see. I'm loving the sun in Caleta and getting a nice tan...hahaha. But really... my feet already look like they did when I left rawson in february...puuucha. Oh...and this morning my companion cut my hair...it was necessary. The wind here DESTROYS the ends. It's depressing.

Well...that's all I've got. Have a good week! I love you all! The church is true!!:) I finished the Book of Mormon this week again and started 1 Nephi the same morning...I love the scriptures! They're filled with amazing promises, blessings, and guidelines...look for them as you read and then learn to apply them!! :) For example...the very last verse of Alma 33 is one of my personal favorites that I've discovered in the mission:)

Well, bye.

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment