Monday, October 6, 2014

#MollyMormon

Hey Fam,

Sooo...this week went by sooo fast. I'm glad to hear you're all doing good! I read all your letters and you seem happy. I'm excited to see the new dishwasher (haha...it'll be the first one I've seen in 18 months!) ...I can wait a little longer though:)

This whole week was just really good. I'm suuuper tired but I'm kinda used to that by now. Everyday I wake up a little more tired than the last. I'm not sure how that's possible. So...it's confession time. This week I totally fell in love. Like HARDCORE. I was just sitting there one morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks...Captain Moroni is a STUD! I love reading the Book of Mormon. It gets better every single day! This week I finished reading the book of Alma and started Helaman...I don't really like the war chapters...but I loved reading about the kind of leader and man moroni was. Que capo. My goal is to finish the book of mormon again before the end of this transfer. I'm on track so far! How are ya'll doing with your book of mormon reading?

Umm...what else what else what else! ....let's start with Monday...we played ping-pong in the chapel and I beat one of the ward members that always comes to play with the missionaries. He's getting ready to serve a mission. His cousin, Pablo, killed me though. He cheats by making the ball spin...you know how Matthew does it? Haha...we had lots of fun though. Then we played futbol...er..soccer I mean. I loved it! I'm usually the only Hermana that plays...the other ones play relief society and sit on the sidelines chatting...one of them actually knits...no joke! Hahaha...no but for reals they're awesome. I love them all! They're super great...they just don't really like sports much:)

On Tuesday we walked sooo much. Across the whole city of Caleta and back. Literally. Over an hour walking both ways. Good times. Plus it was hot outside!! That's my "love from above" :) For the last 6 months I was never comfortably warm (except for nighttime in my sleeping bag!) I love the sun! Send me moooore! I'm super excited for summerrrr. I'm starting to get a good tan...ya buddy.

On Wednesday they leaders went to Comodoro for a conference so we were in a trio with Hermana Julio. She's great! She's from Chile and she definitely talks like one:) It's always interesting to meet new latino missinoaries cause they all have such different ways of talking...I can usually guess where they're from just by hearing them talk. Hermana Julio has like 4 months in the mission so it's even easier to guess cuase she hasn't picked up the argentine accent much yet. We had a really good time together though...we're gonna be friends!! She's from ViƱa del Mar..you know where they do the HUGE music festival every year? Cool beans. I'm gonna go visit her there someday. Later in the afternoon Elder Alvarez called me from Elder Kern's phone in Comodoro... we got to talk for a minute which was great. I was super happy to hear from him and he told me Hermana Hundley's doing really good in Puerto Madryn (apparently she's praying really hard that I get sent up there next transfer! Haha...I can't say I'm praying for the same cause I don't think that's allowed...but I'm not gonna tell her to stop and I definitely wouldn't object if that prayer get's answered!! ;) BEST COMPANION EVER!! :)

On Thursday...nothing exciting happened. Or at least if it did I dont remember. Oh wait! I caught a lizard that day!! Well...caught is a loose interpretation of the word...but we found a lizard and I picked it up!! Pictures to come...we named him Pancha:) It's a slang word they use here in Argentina that means to be relaxed or calm. Totally reminded me of all those family trips to southern utah...matthew and I would always work together to catch the lizards...one would be the distractor while the other would pin it down...hahaha...good times.

On Friday we had zone conference!! Yahooo...all the missionaries came so we were 20 in total. We had an awesome zone conference (zone leaders are the BEST! Such capos! :)) and then we did a zone street boarding activity. We invited EVERYONE to general conference. Hermana Xoj Baj and I did like 78 contacts in 2 hours...it was suuuper fun! Then on Friday night President gave us permission to do a zumba class!! Hermana Xoj Baj from Guatemala taught it. IT WAS SOO FUN! It was almost like dancing...almost! Haha. All 8 of the hermanas and several ward members came. We had two hermanas staying in our pension all weekend. They just left today.

On Saturday we got up and went to general conference!! We got to go to all four sessions. I even tried switching name tags with an Elder so I could stay for Priesthood session...no such luck. I don't know why I was so excited for general conference..I don't think I've ever been so excited for something in my life...maybe the mission is making me molly mormon or something. Who knows? We actually watched the conference in a separate room here with all the gringos..in other words...we watched it in ENGLISH! For the spanish talks though we just switched the channel and listened in spanish..it's annoying to hear the trasnlators when you can understand just fine:) Mom I did think about you during the cantonese talk...I had like a weird moment where it hit me that you talked like that on your mission! :) Mind-blown.

Sunday was just as great. I loved Elder Bednar's talk. I loved how that guy prayed for my FAMILY! I loved the spirit I felt...I just love conference. I love being a missionary. I love the gospel. Life is good! :)

Today we went to the coast and played basketball. It was super fun. Then we played in the chapel...ping pong again...Hermana Heath dominated...as expected! Haha. Then we ate hamburgers for lunch...homemade!! Oh...and right now in the ciber they're playing all of Enrique Iglesias' songs...spanish and english! Hahha...sometimes I think Heavenly Father gives us little rewards like popular music in the ciber when we're doing the things we're supposed to:) Hahaha...God is good!

Hey friends...the church is true! Keep doing the little things..remember the talk about the four things we need to do? I don't remember who it was by... Elder Scott maybe? Shoot I don't have my notes! But there were four things... 1) prayer! 2) scripture study! 3) FAMILY NIGHT! 4) Go to the temple!! Ohhh...and side note...Maxi went to ALL FIVE SESSION OF CONFERENCE. What a stud. I love him soo much. I wish you could all meet him...maybe one day! :)

I LOVE YOU ALL SOO MUCH! You're in my thoughts and prayers:)

Hermana Heath

Hey...one more funny story...this morning in the Anonima a gypsie tried to buy me. Not cool! We were standing in line and she turned around and started talking to us...she pulled a "do you have the time?" trick...please...I'm a missionary... I saw right through it...she proceeded to ask me where I was from...how old I am...how long I'm here for...where my family is right now and if there are other people that "miss me" along with lots of other things and then she just kept repeating "WOW YOUR EYES ARE SOO PRETTY!" Good times. Gotta love the gypsies! If you dont' hear from me next week I probably got kidnapped. No big deal. I'm lovin' my Argentine adventures!!

Have a great week!! I love you all!!

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment