Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy Mother's Day?!

Querida Familia,

First off...here's a shout out to my amazing mother! Happy Argentine Mother's Day!! As I've mentioned before...Argentines are CRAZY! Soo...one of them one day must have decided that Mother's day should be celebrated in October rather than May...so there you have it friends...this Sunday (Oct 19) is Mother's day in Argentina! Thanks mom for being the best mom ever! Thanks for always loving me and supporting me especially now in the mission! It means the world to me. I can always feel your love and prayers. Have a GREAT day! :) You should probably eat some cake...I definitely will be eating some!

Soo...this week I almost got blown away by the wind several times...whoever named Chicago the "windy city" clearly never visited the Patagonia. Nada que ver. The wind was sooo strong. It stopped us in our tracks several times.. which happened in Rio Grande too...but the difference here is that my area is pure dirt...you can imagine what we look like when we get to the pension at night. Our skin is a full shade darker...no joke. Gotta love the wind:) It's been really nice outside though. I don't even have to leave with  my coat! BEST. FEELING. EVER. I feel like a new person...at least I'm not dressed in straight black from my head to my toes all the time...less "nunn-ish" I feel like. Speaking of new...this week my shoes were not gonna give any more...I, being a lil bit stubborn, didn't want to buy new ones...so my "mom" here in Caleta, Natalia Martinez, fixed them for me. She literally sewed them. I didn't know you could do that...but she did a really good job. The guy in modern shoe totally lied when he said these shoes would last me. Not even close, bro...pero bueno ya fue! :) They're super comfy so that's good.

Can you believe I turned 13 months old in the mission this week? I sure can't. OH! And get this...two youth from my branch here are gonna be in Utah visiting their brother who is studying at LDS business college in February and March...in other words...you'll get to meet them! They're AWEOME! We always eat lunch with their family...Aldana(19) and Martin(17)..such capos. I'm super excited about that:)

This week we visited a little old lady in my branch...Margarita Martinez. It was the first time I ever went to her house since she doesn't live in our area... but she invited us so we went. I'm pleased to announce that grandma homes smell the same in Argentina as they do in the states. It felt good to be home for a few minutes:)

This week we had a family night in the church. We played Jeopardy. The Elders did the questions. They did a really good job! We had a blast and we had lots of less-actives there. I love Caleta. We had a meeting with our branch president on Sunday...imagine...10 missionaries and president crammed into a tiny office space in the corner of a church in Argentina. Woah. Sometime it just hits me. I'm a MISSIONARY!

So, saddest news of the week. Elder Cardoza, a missionary from Argentina who was serving in Peru passed away this last week. He was 19 years old and had about 1 year in the mission. He was in a lesson with a family and had an aneurism? (blood clot in the brain?) I think that's what I heard, anyway. He started having convulsions and within 5 minutes passed away. He left from the district of CALETA OLIVIA. He was living in Puerto Deseado which is the smallest branch we have...20 member attendance each sunday. It's about 3 hours away on the map...right on the coast! Anyway...his family is originaly from Salta and they moved back there about 5-6 months ago. President Rogers (as the mission President at the time Elder Cardoza started the mission) had to tell the family. The family went to Peru to bring back the body. I don't really know much, but I do know that Elder Cardoza is in a really good place. I have no doubt that there is a place especially for him in the celestial kingdom. But, even still I can't imagine how hard that must be for the family and for the members in Peru...the other missionaries...his companion. No I can't even imagine. Please keep Elder Cardoza's family in your prayers:)

Well...sorry to end on a sad note...but it made me think of all the things in the world that can happen. Every single day we have here is a gift from God. It's too bad that it sometimes takes something as awful as the death of a missionary to make us realize that. I'm so thankful to know that God has a plan for us and that we can all be together forever if we live the gospel and endure to the end. What a promise! Go to church every sunday...read your scriptures...pray!

I love you all so much! Thanks for all your love and support! Have a fantastic week! And please...I know ya'll miss me like crazy and can't wait for me to come home but would you PLEASE STOP PRAYING FOR THE TIME TO SPEED UP! I really need it to slow down!  Hahaha...not cool, friends. Not cool. Anyway...on that note. Have a great week. Mom...happy argentine mothers day. Matthew...errr Elder Heath...keep up the good work in Texas. You're doing a great job! Kim...keep "studying" hard in spanish class (in other words...keep sending me emails;) haha) and Dad...I got you a reference for the office! One of the hermanas is gonna go visit you in the office when she finishes the mission....in December! I just happened to have one of your business cards in my wallet so I gave it to her...I might be a little biased but I told her it was the best way to go:) Emily...just keep being awesome...and as for the craig-meister? GO FAINTING GOATS!! Haha:)  I love you all! Hugs and kisses from Argentina! Have a great week! Woah...I just looked at the date on the corner of my screen...October 13! I can't believe it...we're already starting week 4 of this transfer! Only 3 more weeks in Caleta Olivia :( ohhh...and one last thought...a really exciting one! Remember Maxi? That kid that got baptized in July? Welp...he wants to go on a mission. Kill me. Just kill me. He melts my heart every day of my life. He's totally gonna go on a mission. He already talked with the branch president...all he has to do is wait to get the year of member and he's gone! He even comes to mission prep classes occassionaly:) OH MY GOSH! I love the mission. I love it so much. Okay...so goodbye for reals this time. Chau chau!! :)

Forever and always,

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment