Monday, July 28, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDYYY! :)

Querida Familia...

First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! I hope you have the very best birthday everrr! You're the best dad in the whooole wide world! :) I hope you have some good plans to spend the day with the family laughing and eating cake and lets not forget a "scoop a banilla ice cream!" :) Thanks for loving me and supporting me always! I loove you sooooo much!

Welp...can you believe Matthew's a MISSIONARY! Woooooah. That's soo insane. I've been thinking about him non-stop ALL WEEK. No joke. I keep wondering what time it is there...trying to remember what he would be doing...I'll be honest...the MTC is a lil blurry. Haha...it feels like it's been forever...but at the same time just a few weeks back.

This week in Caleta Olivia was AWESOME! Maxi got baptized on Saturday! Yahooo:) The Elders helped us soo much with him. Elder Murua baptized him and it was an awesome day! The only down side? The water was really cold. Poor Maxi was shivering. Oh well..ya fue! Maxi wanted me to speak about the Holy Ghost so I did that and then we had made some brownies for after to share...the members were awesome and brought some cakes and desserts so we had quite a bit of food after! It's been super fun working with Maxi. I don't know how much I've told you about Maxi...probably not a lot. He's 19 years old. Hermana Hundley and Hermana Rasmussen contacted him one day on the street and he showed up to church the last sunday of last transfer...from there Hermana Rasmussen and I started to teach him...he got baptized in just four weeks! I think this week he's gonna get the priesthood and on Sunday he's gonna bless the sacrament! I think :) Anyway...Saturday was a great spiritual boost and Hermana Rasmussen's first baptism so she was super happy:) Thanks for your prayers on his behalf! :)

On Sunday...Maxi got confirmed a member of the church by Elder Tyler. Then I got roped into singing with Elder Murua. What a joke.  Elder Murua sings like a freaking angel. I've honestly never heard a 22 year old guy that sings better in my life. That makes it fun to sing with him...but also super intimidating. Elder Murua doesn't know anything about reading music...so he sings it his own way..in other words...he improvises. He told me while we were practicing during the week..."Hermana don't worry...I'm not sure how I'm gonna sing it yet..but it will sound good on Sunday I promise. Just trust me!" Alright...trust Elder Murua, Hermana Heath. We sang the EFY medley...it was good times. Okay...I was like dying of fear. I still don't like being the center of attention in that way...he sang great though and everyone afterward told us it sounded really pretty. The things I do in the mission.

On Tuesday we had our district meeting...we ate pancakes before to celebrate Elder Tingey's birthday...poor kid is stuck in Puerto Deseado...three hours away. Bummer. Anyway...I had finished eating and Elder Alvarez who was sitting next to me was still going. He was down to one BIG bite left and he was full so he picked it up on a fork and asked if I wanted it...I was also full but opened my mouth as a joke..as my companion and I laughed at the look on his face he quickly shoved the pancake into my mouth...it was a huge bite and I was laughing so hard that I couldn't chew or swallow. Good times. That's my zone leader for ya. Reeeeal mature. The district meeting was awesome though. We had a party. Elder Tingey gave me two alfajors for my birthday and I gave him..you'll never guess...a pack of Mac n cheese! What a nice person I am...seriously. I don't just give away mac n cheese to just cualquier persona...but he came in my group to argentina from the mtc and we're friends so I was super nice and shared with him. He was super happy. 

Ummm...I can't really think of anything else that happened this week. We were just a full with the baptism preparation. I love love love being a missionary. It's seriously the best! I hope you all have a fantastic week! Everyone give dad great big hugs for me! I hope you had a good week at camp Kim. So many good memories haha.

I love you all soo much! Keep being excellent people and remember to say your prayers! Have a fantastic week!

Hugs and kisses from the bottom of the worlddd!
Hermana Heath

Hey...I forgot...yesterday there was a massive rainstorm! It rained from about 5:00PM until 9:30 this morning! Crazy...we got sooooaked walking around yesterday...en cima there was soo much wind. It was crazy...my coat was soaked all the way through...we got to the chapel for mission prep class and everyone just looked at us like...is this real? We looked like legit zombies...the best raccoon eyes I've ever seen...soaked from head to toe...good times. Haha...menos mal that we didn't have to walk home after!

Anyway...have a great week!
Love and prayers,
Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment