Monday, July 21, 2014

WHOOPS.

Dear Fam,

Well..you're all getting the short end of the stick...I accidentally took a long time writing Matthew and I forgot that I still had to write to the rest of you...it's gonna be a really short email..but next week will be a good one I promise. Menos mal that almost nothing happened this week. WHOOPS.

So...yesterday I was in a play. An Hermana on Tuesday asked if we would help her with her sunday school class. We agreed...then she told us what we had to do. We had to act out 1 Kings 3...which is the story of King Solomon and the babies. I was the good mom and Hermana Rasmussen was the bad mom. Elder Alvarez was King Solomon, and Elder Murua the guard. What a joke. The things I do in the mission. The Hermana went all out though..in the chapel she put up a curtain and everything. I'll send pictures next week if I can.

This week we had our zone conference with President Rogers. It was 100% about the book of mormon. Man...the book of mormon is sooo cool. I love it! :) President wants us to use it more in our contacts. I'm excited to try it!!

So...I guess I'll tell you that we have a baptism planned for this weekend. Our investigator Maxi is progressing really well...he loves coming to church... reading the book of mormon...and praying...the only thing missing is the testimony! He has some doubts about some of the commandments. We're gonna work really hard with him this week so that he can get his answer and gain a testimony! Please keep him in your prayers...yes?? :) He's awesome! The other night he sent us a text saying he was going out to a party...but he promised us he wasn't gonna drink. He kept his promise though so that's good! Soo funny. Anyway...we're hoping he'll be ready for this weekend. That would be awesome!

Soo...I can't really think of anything else that happened this week...but in honor of Matthew leaving...I think I'll share a poem that one of my first zone leaders shared with me...

The Mission: Highs and Lows
A mission is a strange experience; it is a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst; yet teaches you the best.
I've never been so happy; I've never been so depressed.
I've never felt so forsaken; I've never been so blessed.
I've never been so confused; things have never been so clear.
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant; he's never been so near.
I've never been so discouraged; I've never been so full of hope.
I feel I could go forever; I think I'm at the end of my rope!
I've never had it quite so easy; I've never had it quite so tough.
Things have never been so smooth; Things have never been so rough.
I've never traveled through more valleys; I've never climbed so many peaks.
I've never met so many nice people; I've never met so many freaks!
I've never had so many ups; I've never had so many downs.
I've never worn so many smiles; I've never worn so many frowns.
I've never been so lonely; I've never had so many friends.
Boy! I hope this is over soon! Man! I hope it never ends!

Well...there you have it folks. I couldn't have said it better myself. The mission is unlike any other experience in the world...but it's the BEST EVER!

I hope you all have a great week! Sorry there's no pictures or anything! Until next time! :) Yay for P-dayyy!

Oh...can everyone give Matthew like a million big hugs for me? That would be awesome...a few kisses toooo! :) Wish I could be there to see him off...but I'll definitely be there when he comes homee! Not that we're thinking about that yet...don't get trunky bud!! Jajaa...Hang in there...it's probably gonna be hard at the airport for all ya'll that are staying there no mas...but just think... Matthew and I are living the DREAM!! :) Okay okay...no more jokes... seriously lots and lots of hugs and for ALL OF YOU! Mom...dad...Em... Craig...Kim. Thanks for supporting Matthew and me always and for helping us get to this point! In just a few hours more Matthew and I are officially gonna be companions and doing what we always wanted! Thank you for everything! We have the best family EVER! I love you all sooo much. Remember that families can be together forever...we're only gonna be separated for a little bit! The time goes fast...trust me! :)

Have a great week! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment