Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Birthday KIMBERLY!! :)

Hola Familia,

Before I say anything else...we all just need to take a minute to soak in the fact that tomorrow Kimberly is gonna turn 16 YEARS OLD. How in the world did that happen? I'm pretty sure I thought I was the only one growing up because last time I checked Kimmie was 14 years old. Well Kimmers...have a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH:) I hope you have the best day EVER! :)

Second shoutout goes to the MVP of the Fainting Goats...the one and only CRAIGMEISTER!! Good job for scoring a goal in your game! Yahooo!! Wish I could be there to cheer at the games but at the same time I have no doubt that mom cheers loud enough for the both of us...haha. Congrats, bro.

Alright. So, starting from Monday. P-day was sooo much fun. Elder Tarwater and Elder Lamb made french toast. Delicious. Matthew....I'm telling you...stateside missions are the way to go. Just think of all the french toast you'll get to eat. Tender mercies of the Lord, bro. I miss breakfast foods! Everyone here thinks that WE'RE the crazy ones for eating breakfast...don't they know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Crazies. Then we played futbol. In the morning it rained, so the court we play on was a little bit wet...but we just swept off some of the water and called it good. The Hermanas were boring last week and didn't want to play so it was just me with the Elders. It was a blast and a half while the Hermanas "chatted" from the sidelines.

Here's a trivia question...how many continents are there? I'll let you think about that for a minute. We had a huge friendly argument on Tuesday with the missionaries trying to decide. Well...the answer is 7. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Antarctica, and Austrailia. SEVEN. All the north american missionaries agreed on seven. All the latinos said there's only 5. Internet says 7, but according to the latinos, "that's not a reliable source." You're starting to see aren't you why I keep telling you that Argentines are CRAZY?! Actually it could just be latinos in general...

Ohh...the other day there was an earthquake!! It was soo cool. My companion and I were sitting in our pension eating lunch...and suddenly there was this big grumbly sound and our pension SHOOK. We just looked at each other like, "che, did you just feel that?" It was super weird. Haha...we went back to eating our lunch tranquila.

On Wednesday afternoon we traveled to Ushuaia. 3 hours on the bus...three really long hours. The roads are sooo curvy and to make it worse...we spent the first hour and a half of the bus ride sitting in a circle playing uno. It was a really bad idea. First of all...uno is a great game...but it gets old really fast. Anyway...the last hour of the ride Elder Tarwater, Elder Lamb, and I were betting on who was gonna throw up first...so gross. Worst headache ever.  We finally got there and went to the Hermana's pension for the night. We slept of the floor in the kitchen.

On Thursday we had the conference with Elder Gonzalez. It was awesome. Hermana Rogers talked and at the end bore her testimony in Spanish which made me cry. I love her. Then President Rogers talked about pray...which made me cry. Why am I crying so much? The mission does weird things to you... anyway..then Elder Gonzalez and Sister Gonzalez talked. It was an awesome conference. In the afternoon after the conference we went to the famous sign "Ushuaia: Fin del Mundo" and then we did divisions with the Hermanas. Ushuaia is sooo pretty. It's all hills and mountains and prettiness. It's a cute little town with wooden cabin houses...and it actually wasn't that cold...the sun was shinning...and reflecting off the snow in the mountains it was really bright. It was a really good day:)

At 4:30AM Friday morning we had to be in the terminal in Ushuaia. Our colectivo left at 5:00AM. It was another really long three hours. Of course...everyone else was sleeping...but I couldn't. Plus...the bus was freezing and I gave my coat to my companion since she was really cold...I hate being a nice person. Anyway...I didn't get to sleep until 10:30 that night...that was like 19 hours awake...which doesn't seem that bad...but it felt like an eternity. Saturday was worse. Haha:)

Well...I hope you all have a great week! I love you all sooo much:) Thanks for your prayers and support! I had a really cool experience this week with prayer. I KNOW that God listens to and answers prayers. We are soo blessed.

I love you and I'm super excited to skype with ya'll next week!! :)

Chau chauuu!
Hermana Heath

I miss the mountains!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment