Monday, May 19, 2014

TRANSFERS!

Hola Queridos,

I'm glad to hear that Matthew had a nice birthday...props Em on the birthday cake. I expect one that's very similar when I get home:) Hahaha...for reals. Kimberly has an iphone? Haha...ya'll are going soft. I hope morp was fun... I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that Kimberly is old enough to go on dates. That's messed up. And shoutout to the fainting goats! Sounds like the games are really fun. I wish I could be there to cheer! But it seems like you're cheering loud enough for me too!

This week was super super long...but I almost have nothing to tell. It was a really boring week with very little variation to the typical day as a missionary. Last week the zone leaders gave us zone t-shirts. They're pretty cool. We took a picture and everything..but then we were playing soccer outside and Elder Galindo (my zone leader) hit me right in the stomach with the muddy ball. The bad news is that I'm pretty sure the mud stain will never come out..the good news? It looks kind of cool with a perfect ball print. Jaja.

Every morning here is soo cold. We wake up to frost on the ground and lots of ice. My companion doesn't know how to walk on ice and almost falls about every 30 seconds or so. I try not to laugh...but sometimes I just can't help it. It's too funny. As long as she doesn't get hurt I don't feel too bad about snickering as we walk down the street. It's been really cold this week because it snowed in Ushuaia and Tolhuin. I think they got like 5 inches. I'm so glad I'm not there right now. Haha. It's really pretty...but I'm not sure it's worth it...although they say it's colder in Rio Grande than Ushuaia.

This week the Elders of Austral had the baptism of a little 9 year old boy. His parents aren't members, but his older brothers are and they go to church every week. His name is Eury. He's sooo cute. He's a little black boy. Such a stud. He was super excited. Elder Lamb baptized him and I got to lead the music...last minute planning on the Elders part. Haha. After the baptism the zone leaders gathered us all up and they told us the transfers. Only four missionaries from the zone left. I'm super excited to be here another transfer in Rio Grande. Hermana Garavito is too I think. And wanna know who's coming to take Hermana Carter's spot?! HERMANA KUHN!! YES!! She's gonna be the leader of the hermanas so I get to do divisions with her! That's gonna be the best day EVER! Haha. Oh, and Elder Elliz is going to Rio Gallegos. Pucha.

Today we're gonna have a bread contest. Elder Tarwater and Hermana Salazar both made bread last night. My companion and I are gonna be the judges. I'm super excited! :) Then we're making grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Argentines don't appreciate the concept of kid food. They just look at us like, "your mother actually fed you that when you were a kid?" They're all crazy. CRAZY I tell you.

This week we found a new investigator. Her name is Alicia. She was standing outside one day taking a smoke when we found her. Her huge garden called my attention. She had some roses that were really big and reminded me of the roses grandma always had out front...so I told her and that's how we started talking. I'm not sure if she's interested more in having a gringa friend or learning about God..but we'll see:) Haha. She's super nice though.

Welp...that's all I can come up with for the week. Hopefully next week is a little more exciting. Actually I'll have more to tell you cause President and Hermana Rogers are gonna be here from Friday until Sunday! We have interviews on Friday and then the District Conference of Rio Grande on saturday and sunday. I'm super excited!! :) Have a fantastic week! I love you all sooo much and I miss you every day! Remember to read your scriptures and pray! Besossss.

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment