Monday, April 7, 2014

Transfers....again.

Hola Familia!

I didn't have time to read your emails because President changed the internet rules...we know have one hour...and I'm down to ten minutes! Yikes! I'm gonna write fast! I did however notice that Matthew turned in his mission papers! We're gonna be companions of the mission field before ya'll know it! :) Wahooo! :) Can't wait to hear moreeee! 

Glad you had a good birthday mom! I thought about you alll day! :) You're the very best in the whole world...and definitely my favorite of all the moms!

Last week was rough, but this week was great! Nothing but sunshine and daisies:) It was sunny...with no wind and no rain..."all you need is a light jacket!!" NAME THAT MOVIE. I love my area. I really do like it here....I'm in ARGENTINA. I'm in RIO GRANDE. That's sooo cool! Sometimes it just hits me...hahaha.

Mom, thanks for taking care of Hercules. What a strong fish. I think I betted he would die within a few weeks of the death of his dear friend Bugs(may he rest in peace). What a trooper. Haha. But seriously...if he's still living when I get home we're giving him away! I'm pretty sure the lady at the store told me they live for a couple years...well it's been 6.

So, April 2 in Argentina is a holiday...fun fact, did you know Argentina has more holidays than any other country in the world? They use any excuse they can find to take a day off of work. Crazy Argentines. Well, this one was actually legit. It marks the war for the Islas Malvinas (the islands off the south east coast of Argentina.) They currently belong to Great Britain and Argentina's not happy about it. But everything was closed. We walked around a lot that day. No one was home. The mission handbook says holidays and sundays are the best days to find people..it's a lie. It's true people are with their families, but no one wants to talk to you let alone let you into their house. Hahaa.

This week the zone leaders and Hermana leader traveled to Comodoro for conferences. They left monday night and came back Wednesday night so we spent the first half of the week in Chacra with the Hermana whose companion traveled. On Wednesday night we were back in my pension but we had to wait for the zone leaders who were scheduled to arrive at 11:30PM. After writing in my journal, I went into the bedroom to find Hermana Tumbaico asleep in her bed and Hermana Vera asleep in MY BED. Grrrr. In other words, I got roped into waiting up for the zone leaders. They arrived at about 11:45 with Hermana Carter...by the time I got to bed it was after midnight. 6:00AM came around wayy to early Thursday morning.

Friday morning we did tramites for Hermana Tumbaico to be able to leave the island. Saturday night after conference the zone leaders told us transfers. Hermana Tumbaico is going to Puerto Madryn to be the companion of HERMANA KUHN! And my district leader Elder Chavarria is going to Comodoro. I'm staying in Rio Grande, and I'm happy about it! I'm really starting to love this area! The members are awesome:)

Did you all love general conference?! ME TOO! I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude. It's true what he said. If we can learn to not only be grateful for things, but in things, we will be so much happier! I'm gonna work on being a more grateful person. I also liked the prophet's talk about love and service. It was cool watching in Spanish...but I missed the voices of the speakers. Haha...wanna know something cool though? Elder Scott served either as a missionary or mission president in Argentina, and he does his own translation...so I still got to hear his voice:) It was soo cool! All the members gathered in the church to watch conference. It was a neat experience. In between sessions yesterday I had five Elders tell me they were hungry because they hadnt eaten anything all day. They wanted food, and since my pension is right down the road...well...I'm sure you get the picture. Hermana Tumbaico went home and whipped up some scrambled eggs, ham, and sliced up hot dogs...we didn't have a lot of food...but they put the scrambled egg mix on some crackers and ate mini sandwiches. It's a good thing it's p-day because the Elders cleaned us out pretty good. Haha. Today I think Elder Elliz is cooking us lunch...I'll probably help because I like learning how to make Argentine food:)

Hermana Tumbaico, Hermana Vera (going to Trelew norte) and Elder Chavarria left early this morning..so I'm with Hermana Carter until my new companion gets here. Her name is Hermana Garavito. I'm a little nervous because I know her and I've done divisions with her and we're gonna clash on several things...like walking pace. Haha. She's just finishing her second transfer in the mission. We'll be alright I'm sure.

Oh, also, not to freak you out, but in the weather forecast they predicted some earthquakes. President sent out a list of emergency supplies for all the missionaries. I know they have had some earthquakes in Chile...one was pretty bad wasn't it? But don't worry we'll be okay. We're gonna go get the emergency things right now.

Have a fantastic week! I love you all! Thanks for your love and support! You're always in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs and kisses from the bottom of the worldddd!! :)

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment