Monday, April 14, 2014

hola familyyy....

Hola queridos,

Didn't have time to read your emails, but from the pictures it sounds like you had an awesome time in Southern Utah! I hope you enjoyed the warm weather....it gets colder by the minute here in Rio Grande. Not cool, che.

This week was weird. Hermana Tumbaico left Monday morning at 8:00AM, and my new companion Hermana Garavito didnt' arrive until 5:00PM Friday....partyyy! Well kind of...I got to spend the whole week in Chacra with the missionaries there. Good times. But I actually do like Chacra a lot. There are awesome members and investigators!

On Monday, Elder Elliz and I cooked lunch...tacos! It was so yummmy if I say so myself. Then we played futbol like a bunch of girls. NAME THAT MOVIE! :) Hahaha...how I miss movies...actually only occasionally when it's really windy and rainy and walking around outside seems like the worst possible thing to do. On Thursday we had a zone meeting. We talked about a talk given by Elder Bruce R. McConkie entitled Consecration, Sacrifice, and Obedience...or something like that. It talks about how we're not all called to live the law of consecration to the same degree, and very very few of us are called to live it completely, but we should all be CAPABLE of living it 100% if one day we were called to live it. Cool talk. I liked it. Then, Elder Elliz was talking to the mission secretary...ELDER VERGES! He passed me the phone and I got to talk with him briefly. He's doing really well and told me he spent the morning on Wednesday with Hermana Hundley and our old zone leader in the mission offices. Hermana Hundley is going to Caleta Olivia to train a gringa AND open an area! Wahoo! She's so awesome. I miss her soo much. Anyway, Elder Verges told me a little bit about Rawson and what's going on. Turns out that my investigator I left, Rocio, who had a baptismal date for March 15 wanted to get baptized, but the night before her mom wouldn't sign the permission paper. So sad. I was sooo sure she got baptized. One day...she's staying strong and attending church still:) After talking to Elder Verges  I went with the Hermanas of Chacra back to their pension for lunch...wanna know what I made? GRILLED CHEESE!! :) Wahoo! Wanna know what we listened to while cooking? DISNEY MUSIC! Pretty legit. Later that day to complete my "relive your childhood day" in the mission, we helped an hermana in the ward color some chickens for an easter activity she was encharge of the next day in the church. It was sooo fun. Then, as we were leaving the house it had just finished raining and there was a BEAUTIFUL full double rainbow right outside the house. It was sooo pretty.  In other words...thursday was an awesome day.

I love Rio Grande!! In a different way than I love Rawson, but I LOVE RIO GRANDE! It's still a test of patience with the weather, but we're doing good:) One day as we were on the bus in Chacra at night I couldn't help but think again "holy cow I'm in Argentina!" I wanted sooo bad to take a mental video of everything I could see...the bus weaving through the narrow streets of Rio Grande, the dogs on the streets, all the kiosks lit up with colored lights, all the parked cars on the side of the road, the light rain...probably a moment I'll always remember. I love Argentina. I'm never coming home.

This week an investigator showed us some money bills that he has from countries around the world. It was sooo cool. Some are really old and he has from probably 60 different countries...the whole time we were looking I kept thinking, "man, dad would love this!" Hahaha...this week there was lots of fog in the mornings. Oh, and Elder Tarwater gave me a spanish CTR ring ("Haz lo Justo") I love it! Now I've got my english reminder and my spanish reminder. Yesterday I got to teach the primary kids the song "my life is a gift my life has a plan" but in spanish...don't remember the exact title...it was really fun! I love helping in primary...although there's like 9 kids in total ages 4-11. Quite different from when I was in primary:)

My new companion Hermana Garavito is 29 years old. She turns 30 on Friday! We're gonna celebrate I think...hahaha. Not sure how yet..but I'll come up with something. She's from Peru. We're gonna get along well I think...she's only has three months in the mission.

Oh...Argentines are crazy did you know? They use halls and mentha plus cough drops as candy. I know it's strange. They always offer me one and I'm like, "no that's okay I'm not sick." but since I'm in Argentina and you can't say that I just take it. I've got like 50 saved up. If one day I get sickk...I'll be prepared don't ya'll worry. Crazy Argentines. Hahaha...I love 'em.

Well..until next time folks. Take care! Mom especially! I love you soooo much! Don't forget to say your prayers! ...you're always in mine:)

Chau Chau!

Hermana Heath

oh...PS!

I'M GOING TO USHUAIA THIS WEEK!!! :) President Rogers and Hermana Rogers decided we're gonna do our zone conference together in Ushuaia...so Wednesday morning at like 5:00AM I'll be on a bus...wahooo. It's gonna be a really long day...but I'm excited to see Ushuaia!! :):):) are you jealous? Well...you probably should be:)

Chauuu
Hermana Heath

(Ushuaia is the capital of Tierra del Fuego and is the southernmost city in the world.  It is located about three hours south and a little west of where Amy is serving and is the closest deepwater port to the Antarctic.  Amy will literally be at the end of the world on Wednesday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment