Monday, January 26, 2015

Transfer #13...

Hola Family,

So...today's a pretty depressing day. It's Monday January 26, 2015. Today I started transfer 13 of my mission...for those of you returned missionaries... Elders have 17 transfers...and Hermanas have 13. Six weeks left. I'm trying my best not to think about it because my heart already hurts when I rememeber how little time I have left down here in Argentina. I'm gonna make the most of it! Luckily I'm staying here in Rio Gallegos to finish with Hermana Solórzano. Lots of missionaries are leaving...and most of them I'll never see again. This weekend has been harder than I thought it would be. Pucha.

Anyway...no more pity party for me. This week was great. On Tuesday morning we left for Calafate!!! An Hermano from the other branch drove us down in his bus...there were 18 of us I think:) We arrived at the glaciar at 2:00PM and had until 4 to walk around and enjoy ourselves. We split off as a district and walked around. It was INCREDIBLE. I've never seen anything like it in my life. I wish you all could have been there. It's BEAUTIFUL. I could have spent all day there. Every now and again a big chunk of ice falls off into the water...it's sooo loud...it sounds like thunder and you can almost feel the earth shaking. It was really neat. As I sat there looking at the glaciar I couldn't help but feel tiny and insignificant next to something like that...but then I remembered that I'm a child of God...we all are. We are God's supreme creations. Isn't that amazing?! We are of infinite worth to our loving Heavenly Father:)

Sooo...other than that the week was pretty normal. We did lots of contacting this week. Sometimes it's boring...one day we knocked like 20 houses in a row and not a single door opened. I'm tellin' ya...there's no one here in Gallegos. But the weather was great this week! It was sooo sunny...I started getting my tan back along with the awkward tan lines that scream sister missionaries... but as dad always says, "beggers cant be choosers." (...how do you spell beggars?...beggers? beggurs? oh well. you get what I mean)...I was getting a little bit too white for my liking. Haha...I love the sun:):):)

Soo...I don't remember if I ever mentioned the obsession Argentines have with mayonaise...they put it on everything...literally everything. It's weird. The mayonaise here is yummier though than what we have back home..but still. Crazy argentines!! :)

Mmm...I don't really have anything else to say. Today we're gonna be in the terminal from about 4:00PM until 10:00PM...wish us luck! Have a great week! I love you all!! Don't forget to read and pray!

Hugs and kisses from the bottom of the world!! :)

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment