Monday, January 12, 2015

16 months down...2 TO GO?!

Hola Familia!

Sooo..how's it going? I hope you're all doing good. I love hearing about how things are going at home. It makes me miss ya'll a little bit less! It seems like you're all doing well.

This week was great!! Stella got baptized. I still can't believe it. Haha....the bad news? The branch president said her name wrong when they gave her the holy ghost so they have to do that ordinance again. Puuuucha. Ooooohhh she's halfway there...ooooohhh livin' on a prayer!! Hahaa...we're gonna try to get that done as soon as possible. But the baptism was really nice. We had a great time. I love being a missionary!  I love seeing how people change when they accept the gospel. It's a miracle! I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am for the restored gospel in my life. I never truly understood or realized just how different my life would have been if I had grown up with different beliefs or without the knowledge and testimony I have. We are sooo incredibly blessed...do we even know it?! I don't know...sometimes I think we take it all for granted. My mission and the people I have met have completely changed my life...but not only that...my understanding of life and the gospel too. Missions are the most amazing thing ever!! :)

Mmm...other than that...this week was pretty normal. I was sad to hear about Spencer. I hope he can get feeling better so that he can finish his mission. I'm so grateful that I haven't had any health problems while I've been here. There are soo many missionaries that have problems with that.

This week we had several lessons...but mostly with less actives. Rio Gallegos is pretty much a ghost town. Everyone leaves for vacation. Yesterday we ate asado with the Elders and their investigators. It was really yummy...we ate cordero...lamb! And it was REALLY good. I probably never would have eaten that before the mission. Hahaha. The investigators are named Paola and Ricardo. They're awesome! They're gonna get baptized next week...the 24th I think. They're super excied. Ricardo's brother Leo and his wife Veronica are our investigators...but Veronica is about to have a baby so things are a little bit complicated with visiting them. We'll just have to wait a little bit:)

Okay...that's all I can come up with for today. I think we're gonna play pool today as a district. Not really sure...but Elder Huffstutler from Alabama is cooking lunch today...guess what he's gonna make...CHILI! My life is made:) Have a fantastic week family! I love you all sooo much!!

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment