Monday, December 22, 2014

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

Hola Familia,

¿Como andan? This week is Christmas!! Can you believe it?! I sure can't. What happened to the year...I think we skipped half of it. But anyway...I hope ya'll have a very merry christmas this year. We'll be talking soooon!

So...this week was crazy. Remind me one day to tell ya'll what happened cause I don't have much time. But basically Hermana Rodriguez didn't end up leaving until Tuesday morning. On Monday night we were at the pension of the zone leaders until about 11:30PM with all the missionaries wrapping up suitcases in plastic bags and tape from the missionaries that had traveled north...the people from the colectivo wouldn't let them take more than one on the bus. Anyway...we had like 30 extra suitcases to deal with. Then we ended up eating hot dogs cause we hadn't eaten anything all day. We didn't end up going to bed until like 2:30AM that night. I love transfers. Let me tell ya. Earlier that day we played soccer at a field that we rented for two hours. It was fun...and Hermana Heath scored two goals. Ya buddy! It was a good day... Tuesday we got up at 5:00 so that my comp could be at the terminal at 6:30AM. Then  I was on splits with the other hermanas until that night when I got on the colectivo and couldn't sleep due to the man next to me snoring suuuuper loud. On Wednesday morning I was in the pension of the hermanas in comodoro for about 3 hours...there were 7 hermanas training...we had a great time talking and toward the end we started stealing each others phones to call people from our old areas. I got super lucky because Hermana Salazar is currently in my area in Rawson and Hermana Villela is in my area in Caleta Olivia so I got to call Mariela, Agustina, and Maxi!!! :) Then with Hermana Zanuttini we called the familia zampa. It was sooo good to talk with them. They're all doing great:) At about noon we went to the offices and met the new missionaries. 5 gringas and 2 latinas. My new companion is Hermana Solorzano from Guatemala. I'm soooo glad she speaks spanish. As of right now...training is NOT fun...but my companion is great so we're doing good. We had a looong bus ride back...somehow I was able to sleep for most of it. Then we worked in our area the rest of the week. We put 4 new baptismal dates this week and found two new investigators! I'm super relieved because we lost pretty much everyone we had last week and the week before. Anywayy...on Saturday morning we did service in san benito as a zone. We had to clean out a garage..it was filled with lots of...well...the only word I can come up with is crap. Yep...it was filled with crap. I'm pretty sure this lady is a hoarder. There was an opened bag of lays chips from 2008. Puuuucha. There were also car parts...couches...baby strollers...clothes everywhere...anything you can think of was in that garage. I impressed everyone with my ability to carry heavy things. It was actually just because the Elders never let us do anything so they're always surprised when they find out we can open a door by ourselves and everything. Who knew, right?! Hahaha...the Elders are great! Such gentlemen. Hahahah.

Well...that was my week. I left lots of things out...but that's all I can come up with right now and my time is running short...like always. But...on Thursday we'll talk! :) I LOVE YOU ALL! MERRY CHRISTMAS! :):):)

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment