Monday, June 16, 2014

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!

Hola mi queridisima familia,

Did you have a good week? This week FLIED by for me. I don't know where the days are going! It's so crazy to think that I'm living at the bottom of the world freezing my tail off every single day...why the heck am I so happy all the time? The mission has a weird affect on me. Sounds like Kim did great at her dance recital. Wish I could have been there! Thanks for the pictuers! And I loved seeing Amanda and Malia tambien! They're soo cute:) Oh my heck. Growing up soo fast. And...it sounds like Father's day was enjoyable! Mine was too here in Argentina:)

This week was NUTS! With the world cup starting, Argentines have officially reached a whole new level of CRAZY. Argentina is one of the countries that is most obsessed with soccer...right up there is Brazil too. Thanks for the world cup updates. I've seen bits and pieces of the games...every Argentine has the TV turned on day and night to the world cup. They're constantly playing Messi commercials and talking about who's gonna win and who's gonna lose. Anyway...yesterday was the big day...Argentina vs Bosnia. At 5:00PM the the entire country of Argentina went into a national shutdown. You think that's a joke..but no. Everyone left their places of work and went to their homes or their friends house to watch the game. Rio Grande was a ghost town after 6:30PM and no one was gonna open the door. Luckily we had a devotional with the temple president of Buenos Aires which I'll write more about later. Anyway..we saw about the last ten minutes of the game and definitely Messi's goal re-run. At 9:30 as we were walking to the pension it was nuts! Everyone was in the streets...every car honking...people hanging out of the windows with blow horns...a million Argentine flags and everyone and their dog (literally the dogs too) decked out in Argentine jerseys, scarves, hats...everyone had their faces painted...it was nuts. I've never seen anything like it...and it was only the first game! I can't even imagine what it will be like if Argentina keeps winning!

So, like I mentioned before, the temple president from Buenos Aires came to Rio Grande to talk to the members. At 4:30PM there was a session for un-endowed members and at 6:00PM a session for endowed members. We got to go to both! It was super cool. I love the temple soo much and I can't wait to go to the temple in Buenos Aires:)

So...the freezing weather in Rio Grande has caught up with me. I'm officially sick with a cold and sore throat. Pucha. It's all good though. I'm taking my airborn and vitamins faithfully:) It could be worse...I'm just praying that I don't lose my voice! Today we're going over to Maria and Marcelo's with Elder Tarwater and Elder Gutierrez for lunch...empanadas! Yahoo...I made homemade ice cream that we're gonna take for dessert. Yummmm. Yesterday one of the Elders investigators asked me if Elder Tarwater and I are related. Apparently we look alike and talk with the same accent. Haha. Couldn't stop laughing about that one. Everyone here thinks that every gringo looks exactly like the next one.

So...yesterday...Father's day...I thought about you alll day! I could picture you all sitting there eating dinner, playing some games...you know...the normal...I didn't picture you all sitting there watching the world cup though. That's new.. Haha...but anyway... I started to miss home a bit and since we walked a lot and my comp and I weren't talking, I striked up a conversation with Heavenly Father as I often do in those situations. I wished him a Happy Father's Day and told him a couple of good jokes I've learned in the last couple weeks and told him to send you all lots of hugs and kisses. We had a grand old time and I felt better afterwards:) We are soo blessed knowing that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that we can talk to him anytime and anywhere. It's true...I know he listens to us. I can feel it every time we talk!

Okay...I'm out of time for the day! Enjoy your warm weather cause it's freeeeezing here! Have a great week! I love you all sooo much! :) Keep up the good work and be excellent to each other! Hugs for everyone from the bottom of the world! VAMOS ARGENTINA!! :) I think they play again on Saturday...yahooo!

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment