Monday, February 3, 2014

Hey look! It's the missionaries!!

Hola Familiaaa,

CATHERINE'S GOING TO CANADA?!?! That's soooo cool! She's gonna be an incredible missionary...I already know it:) The other day I saw my nametag from Alma Academy and remembered our little missionary experience together:) French speaking...oh my heck...I'm freakin' out here... FREAKING OUT! CATHERINE HAS HER MISSION CALL!!!!!!!!! Everyone give her lots and lots of BIG hugs:):):) and kisses too cause we do that in Argentina...hahahha

Well, this week has been CRAZY. I'm tired. Did ya'll know that missions are hard? Well, they are. They're really hard. But did ya'll know that being a missionary is the best thing in the world? Well it is. The VERY best. This week I learned sooo much. Diligence, patience, obedience, love, perseverance...BUT! Let's start from the beginning...

Monday was an awesome day...we went to Trelew and played volleyball and then practiced the hymn we sang on Tuesday at the zone conference with President.

On Tuesday we had the zone conference with President and Hermana Rogers. I LOVE THEM. They always have just the right message and training for us. This time they talked a lot about how to teach more effectively and then how to find new investigators...along with lots of other things. Did you know that it only takes 7 seconds for someone to make a first impression of you? Well, it was a great conference... I always love learning from our leaders. President Rogers talked a lot about preparing the area for a temple. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father knows where the Patagonia is and he will help us prepare his people for a temple. The best day of my life is going to be when the prophet announces a temple in Comodoro Rivadavia. Ahh...I can't WAIT for that day!! These people deserve a temple. Did you know that the people in my mission have to travel farther than anyone else in South America to go to the temple?? Not for long though!!

I hardly have any time this week so I'm gonna tell you a funny story and then tell you about Saturday:)

So, one day this week we were walking down the street and suddenly two nice looking boys (a little taller than the average Argentine) wearing white shirts and ties came walking around the corner. Wanna know the first thing that came into my mind? "HEY LOOK! THERE'S THE MISSIONARIES!" It only took me a few more seconds to realize that I know those missionaries and that I also am a missionary. Good times. Had to laugh at myself for that one. Sometimes it's impossible to believe that I'm a missionary...like a real one. It's like a dream!

Well, Saturday came around REALLY fast...which was good! Mariela was sooo ready and sooo excited... as were we, of course. Saturday morning after studies we went to the church to start cleaning. Not long after the Elders showed up and helped us. We ate lunch in the church and then had our English class...we played simon says. No big deal. We also taught them I am a child of God. Cool beans. Mariela came to that too:) After the class we made cookies, and got everything ready for the baptism at 7. The zone leaders came to our baptism and we did the musical number that we did for the conference at the baptism while Mariela was changing. It was great...except we didn't have Hermana Smith who has a gorgeous soprano voice..lucky me I got to fill in and try to sing with two Elders who are more or less tone deaf...the last verse Elder Scogin and I sang together a capella...he sang melody and I sang the harmony. It actually turned out pretty cool...although...I don't enjoy singing in front of people...the things I do as a missionary. hahaha. The baptism was sooo great. It has been a privilege to be able to watch Mariela change and learn. Unforgettable experience:) She was so ready and prepared. It has been a testimony to me that God really does have angels working among his children preparing them to hear the gospel just like it says in the scriptures..I think that's in Alma 13:24...? Good scripture:)

Seattle won the superbowl? I guess dad's happy then...right? I would have cheered for the Broncos personally. Peyton Manning and all:) Oh well...I guess it wasn't a bad one to miss!!

Also, for the month of January, my zone had the goal of 511 lessons with members. Wanna know how many we had?? 548!! President owes us a reward...at least that's what the zone leaders say...maybe we'll get to go visit another tourist site...that's what I'm hoping for at least!!

Have a wonderful week family! I'll send pictures next week..we're running out of time today:) I love you all and you're always in my prayers!!

Forever and always,
Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment