Monday, February 16, 2015

Another week in Rio Gallegos...

Querida Familia,

...

...

...

I'll be honest. I don't really know what to say. Monday has become my least favorite day of the week because it's the day I remember just how little time I have left. With my district leader this morning we were talking about how the mission feels like a dream. The time has passed so quickly...I'm sure tomorrow I'll wake up with all of my suitcases in my bedroom and you will all drive me to the MTC where I'll get out of the car and slowly walk away wondering what exactly I got myself into...some lady will give me my black nametag that says "Hermana Heath"...and in that moment I won't really know how much getting up every morning and putting it on will mean to me over the next 18 months, I won't know exactly how much I'll love being a missionary. I won't know really how hard the mission is, I won't know how much it will change my life, I won't know the names of the areas, the investigators, the members, the people, and I sure won't know how much I'll grow to love them...I won't know anything! This is the best and biggest dream of my life... and I never want to wake up. The good new is, when I come home, my mission won't stop being my dream, and it won't become any less important to me...but I'm gonna have to find a different dream..a BIGGER one! And that kind of scares me. In the mean time...I'm gonna enjoy every second of this one...because pretty soon I'm gonna wake up...and I LOVE sleeping:) Haha.

Anyway. This week was good. We found two new investigators and I bought some cool stuff last monday to bring home...I've still got TONS of stuff to buy though. With my companion we're working really hard and having a blast! We had lots of lessons this week and several families came back from vacation so yesterday we were 78 in sacrament meeting! Our investigator came too!! :) I love being a missionary. It's the best in the world. I started my 4th journal last week...can you believe it?! I sure can't...

Tomorrow is my last district meeting. It's all winding down...I try not to think about how little time I have left...but that's all everyone and their dog talk about...and do you even know how many dogs there are in the PATAGONIA?! All I hear all day long every day is questions..."are you excited to go home?" "are you gonna get married fast?" "what's the first thing you're gonna eat?" "are you gonna sleep in?" ...just LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY! Haha...it's okay...it really doesn't bug me...but sometimes it stresses me out a little bit. A couple days ago I was walking home from the chapel and I just started crying...I was walking down the street taking everything in...the trees, the sky, the half-paved roads, the little stores, the crazy argentines everywhere, the dogs...I'm gonna miss it all so much.

Well family. Have a great week. I love you all so much! Craig, drive safe and don't forget to send mom and emily a text when ya get there;) Emily, keep taking good care of baby higgins til I get home...and I wouldn't mind some more pictures! Hahaha...Matthew...er..Elder Heath...keep tearin' it up down there in Texas...I hope you get to stay in your area! And Kim...I honestly think you can convince mom to keep the kitten...I'm counting on you!! (we all know she's a sucker for the puppy eyes and cute animals!! It worked for me with snickers years ago!)

See you soon!
Hugs and kisses...(but really...I'm blowin' ya'll some kisses...with the wind here in Gallegos they should get there sometime tomorrow...)

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment