Monday, November 10, 2014

Rio Gallegos...

Hola Familia!!

Hey friends. So...my first week in Rio Gallegos was an ETERNITY. My companion is Hermana Rodriguez...she's got about 6 months in the mission and from Peru. She has lots of sicknesses including severe chronic gastritis and a couple other stomach problems so we don't get to work as much as I like... President Rogers is watching her closely which also means that I talk with him way more than I'm used to over the phone...which is probably good. Hermana Rodriguez has been labled as one of the "hard" companions in the mission for lots of reasons only one of them being her health...president told me if I can get throught this transfer I will have magnified my calling... haha...I think it was mostly a joke...at least I hope so!! Apparently she has a really strong personality. BUT! I don't tell you all this to complain about my companion because that's not cool. Mostly I'm just gonna send out a quick reminder...something one of my seminary teachers always said, "There are two types of people in the world...the ones you love and the ones you don't understand." I can tell it's probably gonna be a hard transfer...my companion is one of the people I don't understand yet. I'm gonna have to understand her to love her, and love her to understand her. We'll see how this goes! Wish me luck...and remember...don't judge people...because usually once we get to know them we love 'em!

I love Rio Gallegos so far. The members here are awesome. I love the familia Fernandez...and thanks to Hermana Hundley...they love me! Everyone here loves Hermana Hundley...and I get to see her in 3 DAYS! I'm sooo excited. It should be a great conference with the apostle. It's gonna be a looong bus ride though....

I can't really think of anything that happened this week...the Elders in my district are great. My district leader, Elder Rendon, is from Colombia...my zone leaders are great..I've met them both before...Elder Benitez...the kid that I sat next to for 5 hours during that protest in Caleta when I was headed to Grande? Good times. And Elder Mamani...don't remember where he's from... Chile I think.

Leaving Caleta Olivia was brutal. I cried HARD. Hermana Villela...my replacement...showed up about 2 hours before I left...awkward. I was not down to hang out with her and was surprisingly jealous as I realized that she was gonna be living in MY pension...sleeping in MY bed...eating lunch with MY families...visiting MY Maxi...I hope she takes good care of them. Anyway...Maxi was such a capo and stayed in the terminal with me until my bus left. His mom even came to say goodbye. That surprised me cause she doesn't want anything to do with religion (although she supports Maxi and is happy he's making good decisions with his life) She told me she's gonna miss me and that she loves me and thanked me for all I did for Maxi...yep...I was crying. Maxi gave me a letter and drew me a picture of a tiger...I didn't know he could draw...but wrote that the tiger was sad because I'm leaving...I try not to look at it because it makes me sad. I'm gonna get permission from President to call him for his birthday in a coulple of weeks...and at the conference I'll probably steal Hermana Davis' phone and send him a message...oh...Hermana Rasmussen is in Rawson...in my area...and Elder Tarwater is also in Rawson. I'm super jealous. Okay...so that's all I can come up with to tell you...next week I promise I'll write a good letter...I read all your letters this week so I didn't have a lot of time to write.

I LOVE YOU ALL! This week I've been singing "I'm trying to be like Jesus" all week long...what a great song. Do ya'll remember the words? :)

Have a great week! Sorry for the boring letter! Next week's will be awesome for sure!

Hermana Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment