Monday, December 16, 2013

I dreamed a dream...in SPANISH!!

Hola Family,

How's life?! Christmas is in 9 days? Woah. I forget that it's December because it's sooo hot. Like for reals, I forget. But, I have been counting down until I get to talk to all of you!! I would really appreciate it if you would try calling someone else on Skype and practice with everything so that we don't waste time trying to figure out how to communicate with each other. We only have an hour:) The headphones mean that I can only talk to one of you at a time?? Someone tell me everything in an email please!!

So, Christmas is coming. Everyone has cute little Christmas trees. Everyone except for us...that was until two days ago when the Velazquez Family gave us a Christmas tree with ornaments to set up in our apartment!! It's tinyyy but we LOVE it!! They also gave us some pan dulce and empanadas. Remember how I told you that the members here are amazing? Well, here's the proof. I love them.

Welp, it happened. I had a dream in Spanish. Weirdest thing ever. In the morning I couldn't believe it. In my dream we were sitting in the mission coordination meeting we have every week with Hermano Chemin and the missionaries and he was talking away in Spanish, same with the other missionaries...and guess what?! the coolest part?? I was too!! Hahaha...it was super weird, but really cool! Hahaa. I love learning Spanish. It's still coming definitely and there are lots of things that I don't know how to say, but it's coming:)

Mom! My package arrived!! Thank you so much!! Unfortunately, my zone leader Elder Holland still has it...it's been in Trelew for a week now. I'm sure I'll get it eventually...if he remembers to bring it to zone conference this next week. President is gonna be here and we're doing interviews this time around. I'm excited to see him and Hermana Rogers. They are seriously the best. I love them. Like really, I LOVE THEM. Oh, I also got a bunch of dear elders. One from mom, one from Miriam, and at the moment I can't remember from who else...hahaha...but thanks!!

So, this week we helped Hermana Isabel clean her yard again. It's still not done!! Haha...big job. She had an operation done on her shoulder because of some sort of paralysis in her arm and it's not really getting better. Sad day. Anyway, we helped her clear out some more juju...and there were tons of spiders. Big ones, small ones, some as big as your HEAD! Nasty. I'm telling you, they were everywhere. And you all know me with my spider senses. I always know when there's a spider near by. Sick and wrong I tell you. SICK and WRONG. I agree with nearly every one of God's creations, but the spiders absolutely not.

Yesterday we, the missionaries, sang in Church. We sang O come all ye faithful. In Spanish of course. It went really well!! Last night we had choir practice...more Christmas hymns!! and then the ward did a play about the birth of Jesus. It was awesome. They have been practicing for weeks. The kids sang, the adults acted. It was so neat!! After, papa noel came and visited us!! He gave candy to all the kids and then we all ate pan dulce and some Argentine treats. It was such a fun night. Christmas is coming!

Yesterday we also ate lunch with Gustavo and Fernanda Chemin...the son and daughter in law of Hermano Chemin. They have a little baby girl, Jasmin...like 18 months more or less and what can I say, she loves me:) Hahaa...every time she sees me she waves really big. It's sooo cute. I can't get over it. Fernanda always says that she only does that with me. Too cute. So yes, we had a grand old time together playing with all her toys. We ate meat. Big surprise, ya? The Chemin family is so good. So so good. I'm so excited that we get to spend Christmas Eve with them and the Elders. It'll be the closest thing to spending Christmas with all of you! They make up my amazing Argentine Family:) The love in my heart for these people. Ah!

So, last but not least, the sunsets in Argentina are the most beautiful in all the world. NO JOKE. Every night the sky is lit up with red and yellow and green and brown and scarlet and black and ocher and peach and ruby and olive and violet and mauve...and blue:) Haha...but seriously. It's sooo pretty. I love walking back to the pension at night and looking at the sky. You peeps are missin out :)

This week we had zone conference in Trelew. We talked about the Holy Ghost. It was awesome. We studied Chapter 4 of Preach My Gospel. Lots of really cool points which I will let you discover since I don't have much time. Basically, we cannot be effective missionaries, disciples, or teachers if we don't have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. The fastest ways we lose the Spirit are through contention and disobedience. Our zone leaders then focused on letting the Spirit direct the lesson and then we did lots of practices:) What an incredible gift God has given us...the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost to lead us, guide us, walk beside us...hahaha..no but really. The Spirit is our comforter and protector. I'm so grateful. There's no way I could do this whole mission thing without the help of the Holy Ghost.

Welp, I wish I could tell you about investigators or people we're teaching, but at the moment it's hard. The problem is, we live 15 minutes from the beach. And it's summer. AND it's Christmas. In other words, it's hard to find people in their houses. We have lots of people we teach and have taught more than once, but they don't count as progressing investigators because we can't visit them frequently enough. I'll let you know though. We have three really awesome Hermanas we're teaching...Soledad, Maria, and Laura. Two of the three have baptismal dates, but we've gotta visit with them more regularly, also known as daily contact. Which is really hard this time of year. I'll keep you updated though!

I love you all and wish you a very happy holiday season! listen to lots of Christmas music for me...it's one of the things I miss the most!! But, I'm teaching my companion some songs...we're having a good time with that. Do you know what I found out? Latinos cannot make the "urr" sound in the words girl, world, were, sure, jewelry. It's quite funny. Haha:) Keep up the good work at home and good luck with finals Emily and Craig! Matthew and Kimberly only have about a week left of school right? Until vacations? So exciting. Good job on the calculus test, bud. And Kimmers! I'm glad to hear you got your personal history done! That's awesome! Have a fantastic week! And I'll talk to you on Christmas Eve!! I hope that time works for you! Oh, and I was just told that we will still get to email home next Monday:)

I love you forever and always!! The Church is true! Until next week, Chaus!!

Hermana Heath

 Trelew South Zone Conference in November -
Hermana Heath and her companion, Hermana Cortes

 Trelew and Puerto Madryn Zones -
Conference with Elder and Sister Zeballos
of the Quorum of the Seventy

No comments:

Post a Comment